Sunday, January 1, 2023

The appropriate question is "WHEN the hell are they?": Throwback to an Eat Along to The Back to the Future Trilogy

 Full disclosure.  I set the date and time of this blog post to be January 1, 2023 even though it is definitely March 26, 2024.  Is it because the series is about going back or forward in time and I'm trying to be clever? Is it because we did technically do this eat-along New Years of 2023 but I just didn't get my act together for over a year?  

*WHY NOT BOTH*

In any case, because it's been awhile since that winter day and I took insufficient notes because of cooking and eating and watching all day and I think somehow my body does not process Pepsi well so I might have to reach a bit for certain details.  But I was always going to be here. Or then. Writing this blog post for you.  I am your density. I mean your destiny. 

Back to the Future

Recipes 1 &2: Quiche "Lorraine" and bruleed grapefruit


Back to the Future II

Recipe #3 (non) Dehydrated Pizza 


Back to the Future III

Recipes #4 and #5 Cowboy Chili and Marty's Boozy Milkshake



Choice of Libations:
Back to the Future: Miller High Life and Coffee
Back to the Future II: Rum and Pepsi
Back to the Future III: Marty's Boozy Milkshake



Choice of Music



Remember the fun cultural appropriation moment of the first movie when Marty joins the band at prom in 1954 and pretends he wrote Johnny B Goode and then "Marvin Berry" calls his cousin Chuck and holds the phone up to the raucous tune, thereby insinuating that a white kid named Calvin was in fact the "Father of Rock and Roll"?  I giggled the first time I watched the movie, but re-watching years later, that (and a few other moments that I could get into on another blog) made me cringe. 
Anyways, the original is a romp or a bop or whatever the little ones are calling it now.  



M'yeah. Definitely did not make my own pie crust. Also That is definitely parmesan and mozzarella, which is not the traditional recipe. But there was a long road ahead of us, and where we were going we don't need Gruyere.  BUT.  I was drinking Miller High Life, just like Lorraine's Dad.  So.


While there were no quiches consumed in any of the scenes that I saw, we had to pay tribute to Lea Thompson's incredible turn as the many iterations of Marty's Mom.  
Also. Look much protein and calcium we had for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment