Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beer Float: When You're Too Lazy to Make a Drink AND Dessert

Okay here's the thing -- when I started this blog, I never promised I would reinvent the wheel.  And truth be told, I have actually made beer floats before.  But I'm going to count this as a new recipe because I never tried it with CREME BRULEE STOUT. Uh huh. That's right.  And I like you so much, Erick Dorris and the three other people who read this blog, that I felt it my duty to tell YOU about it.  Because I knew you'd want to know. That's just the kind of person I am.

RECIPE #7: Creme Brulee Stout Ice Cream Float
Choice of libation: Obv. I had the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout, brewed with Vanilla Beans. It is just as good as it sounds. You can definitely taste the caramelized sugar and vanilla custard, but it actually isn't too sweet. 
Choice of music:  Chad was watching the Winter Olympics we had taped.  Ice dancing.  So probably the song, "Sing, Sing, Sing" over and over again because everybody used that song.

This isn't to make it pretty.  This is me using any excuse to put chocolate sauce on things.

I just used vanilla bean ice cream because I wasn't sure how sweet the Creme Brulee stout would be and didn't want competing flavors. But actually, when I try this again, I wouldn't mind experimenting with a dark chocolate gelato or even something CRAZY like cherry or caramel ice cream.

This is what the bottle looks like.  Memorize it and grab it at your local craft beer distributor. Pour stout slowly over top of ice cream. 

I couldn't see the ice cream once I poured the stout over it, so I added more ice cream.  For aesthetics.  For YOU.  Because that's the kind of person I am.

This recipe is stolen from
MY DREAMS and probably some fancy gastropub in Chicago

chocolate syrup
1 pint of ice cream (I used vanilla, but whatevs)
1 pint of Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout

Drizzle chocolate syrup onto frosted glass
Add 2 (or however many) scoops of ice cream
Slowly pour stout over top
Serve immediately

**OOH OOH!  I bet if you threw some Kahlua in there, it would be good too.  You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment