Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kiss Me I'm Tipsy (because of this HOMEMADE Irish Cream)

Happy early St. Patrick's Day, everyone.  I know.  You were probably expecting another soup.  BUT I AM TIRED OF WINTER. In protest I am putting booze in other booze.  And this one is super simple, you guys, so if you happen to already be slightly tipsy while making this, it's totally okay.

Recipe #11: Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream
Choice of libation: Bushmill's Irish whiskey (I had to make sure it was okay to put in the thing (you know, the recipe (the drink (hic! (uh oh...)))).
Choice of music: I forget.

So the recipe actually doesn't call for the chocolate liqueur, but. Oops.  I also added two pinches of nutmeg.  Nobody died.  

Sweet condensed cream sure looked awful when I was pouring it into the blender, but it sure helped with the flavor afterwards.

Mmm...Chocolate Syrup...three tablespoons
...or whenever you're done singing the chorus to "I Need a Hero."

It actually is supposed to chill for quite awhile before you drink it, but we needed to test it.

Brooke, drinking her fake Bailey's like a good guest.

Truth in marketing
this recipe was stolen from...
cupcakeproject.com

1 cup heavy cream
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey 
1 teaspoon instant coffee (oops, forgot this)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla (this turned into 2 pinches nutmeg)
1 teaspoon almond extract (this turned into 3 teaspoons of chocolate liquer)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and set on high speed for 30 seconds.
Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using.
Will keep for up to 2 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment